Wednesday, June 8, 2016

How I came to review items sold on Amazon

Several months ago I heard that one could get free items sold on Amazon, just for writing a review.  I did not think that this could even be legit.  After doing some research, I decided to give it a whirl.  Basically, after signing up for a review site you pick items that you would like to review.  I chose to go with AMZ Review Trader, because the site is easy to navigate and has a great variety of things to choose from.

You can choose free items or deeply discounted items.  I only choose free, or items less than $1.  With Amazon Prime, the shipping is free.  Over the course of the past 6 months I have received and reviewed over 200 items.  Initially, it is a little slow getting approved to review items.  I signed up for lots of phone cases, screen protectors, and phone cords, all of which get used all the time in our house.  We simply cannot have enough phone cords.  Phone chargers are plentiful as well, I love the ones that charge 3 or 4 devices in the car.  We've also gotten several pairs of headphones, a balance board, jump ropes, essential oils, shampoo, a dog harness and leash, baby bibs that I pass on to a friend, towels, blue tooth speakers, a coffee pot, coffee grinder, and an electric wine opener.  The list is endless, todays mail included a dozen emoji beach balls.  Needless to say, every day is like Christmas.  It doesn't cost anything, and you get to try a ton of new products on the market.

As you write more reviews, your reviewer rating increases.  I had no idea that there was even a reviewer ranking on Amazon.  Apparently Amazon ranks you based on your reviews and approvals from people.  I started in the millions, literally.......now I am well above 150,000.  If you are in the top 200,000 you are considered a decent reviewer and you start getting solicited directly from companies to review their items.  Over the course of the past month I have been getting emails from start up companies asking me to review items that they are coming out with.  I usually try to oblige unless it is something that I simply have no use for.  It doesn't take much time as the reviews are between 75 and 200 words.  I spend about an hour a week writing the reviews.

If you like to read and read on a kindle this is also an easy way to never pay for books again.  I get more emails than I can count to review books.   Generally I choose one a week, as I can't keep up with anymore than that.

Try it, and let me know what you get in the mail. There is no financial obligation, if you have Amazon Prime shipping it always free.   I'm pretty sure that my mailman hates us......he/she always has packages to leave at our door.


No comments:

Post a Comment