Friday, June 3, 2016

Let's Get This Summer Started

One of the things I love to do is save money.  It's really so simple, it's easy, and it's always fun.  It's similar to riding a roller coaster or high thrill ride.  I have at times couponed and done quite well, and I even wrote a blog for awhile.  I wasn't very good at keeping up with the blog, but hey, this is a new summer and the kids are older......so......here I go again.  Actually, last week I had my largest haul for coupons, spending less than $30 for $500 of groceries.  Keep in mind, most of this will be donated to a Senior Center where I volunteer.

We are now officially in to our first week of summer.  Mornings are pretty quiet around here, so I use to time for anything on the computer that I need to get done, before the kids get up and we wander off to find something to do with our day.  One of the things that I have been doing for the past several months is reviewing items for Amazon.  It's kind of cool, and I have gotten a lot of free stuff, just by signing up for https://www.amzreviewtrader.com.  The site is totally legit, and I get free stuff every day.  In the past 6 months I have reviewed over 200 items, mostly phone cases and such, but I have gotten a few bigger ticket items.  Recently we got a balance board, not sure that I would have spent the money on it, but the kids have enjoyed playing on it.  We get a ton of phone cords, and trust me, we are always excited to get phone cords.

Recently, we..... as in Tara and I started another experiment.  After reading another blog, we have discovered that if you write to colleges expressing interest about their school and asking for t shirts or other promotional items, they will send them.  We have read that people have gotten upwards of 1000 shirts in a summer. So far over 200 emails have been sent, now it will be fun to see what kind of response comes back.  She has already heard from several, many are rejections, but some are on their way.  Probably the favorite to date is the email from the Air Force Academy promising her that goodies are on their way.  There have been several UPS notifications in my inbox, so it will be fun to see what comes rolling in this summer.  The goal is to send several emails a week, this is a great project while on our road trips this summer.

Also, did you know that if you email companies, they will often times send you coupons or other promotional items.  Emails have been sent to various companies for various items, so I am looking forward to keeping track of what we get.

Follow along to see what kind of responses we get as we perfect our email skills this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment